Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dessert!

Today's recipe comes from my college friend Kelly.


Brownie Torte

INGREDIENTS:  

Packaged brownie mix (or homemade)– baked according to directions in 9 x 13 inch pan

Small box of instant vanilla pudding

Small box of instant chocolate pudding

8 oz. tub of strawberry flavored cream cheese

2 cups of milk - separated

1/3 cup powdered sugar

Small tub of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)

8 Oreo cookies, crumbled

Sliced strawberries (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

  • Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9 x 13 inch pan.  
  • Allow brownies to cool about 30 – 45 minutes.  
  • Mix vanilla pudding, 1 cup milk and softened strawberry cream cheese in mixing bowl.  
  • Spread on top of brownies in original pan.  
  • Mix chocolate pudding, 1cup milk and powdered sugar in mixing bowl.  
  • Spread on top of vanilla pudding layer.  
  • Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15 minutes until slightly set.  
  • Spread whipped topping over chocolate pudding layer.  
  • Add a layer sliced strawberries (if desired) and sprinkle with crumbled Oreo cookies.  
  • Re-cover pan and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now doesn't that look good?

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! Now I know where to come when I can't think of anything to fix for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks entirely too yummy! I wonder how much weight I would gain if I made it and ate the whole thing by myself?
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy, and did I hear you say calorie free.lol.
    The mac and cheese I must try, thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just signed up to start helping with our military ministry each week - which involves dinner after church for a group of hungry military guys. I think I just found a great dessert to share:) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!! I wish I was not allergic to chocolate. This looks so YUMMY!!!!!! I will be back to try some other recipes though!

    ReplyDelete