Today's recipe comes from Fran.
This recipe sounds DELICIOUS and EASY!
1/2 c. grated Parmesan (I use Romano)
4 T butter
2 T lemon juice
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- Beat egg in bowl and add cheese until consistency of thick batter like cornmeal muffin mix.
- Add lemon juice
- Thickly coat chicken breasts with batter and drop in sizzling hot melted butter
- May need to add more butter as you cook.
- Cook through on each side deepening on the thickness of chicken.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add some cream to deglaze the pan and make gravy to pour over chicken.
If you don't want to use the cream to deglaze the pan, you can always use a little chicken broth.
I use Fat Free Half and Half in place of recipes that call for heavy cream and you really cannot tell the difference and it's very low in calories and DELICIOUS!