Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fruit Tart

Today I'm sharing a recipe for Fruit Tart.
This is such a delicious and easy dessert to make.  
When I first discovered this recipe,  I served it to my father and 
he wanted to know which bakery I purchased it from!
Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1 container Cool Whip, softened
2 tubes crescent rolls
Assorted fruit


Unroll crescent rolls. Lay flat on a baking pan, pressing seams together. 

Bake at 350 until lightly browned.

Using a hand mixer, combine the sugar, cream cheese
 and container of cool whip.
Spread evenly over the COOLED crescent rolls.

Then take your assortment of fruit, here I used canned peaches, DRAINED, 
 sliced strawberries and blueberries.


One tart with peaches, strawberries and blueberries.

One tart with peaches, strawberries, blueberries and banana.
I usually try and assembly this tart pretty close to when I need to serve it.
You can prepare everything ahead and refrigerator until you are ready for dessert.
I will make the cream cheese mixture and store in tupperware the day before.
You can do the same with your fruit.  
Prepare the fruit the day before and store in tupperware in the refrigerator.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Morning Sweet Lois,
    You are indeed right about how delicious those fruit pizzas are, oh my, I just love them. The ones I have were made with sugar cookie dough, and the cream cheese with powdered sugar mixed. They are one of my faves. Now that hubby has heart issues I figured out a way to make a single serving one that I love but is heart healthy. So that made me a Happy Camper to say the least. Keep those recipes coming girlie, they all sound yummy!
    Hope all is well with you Sweet friend,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lois~
    It looks wonderful. I did not know you have another blog! I have been running a hundred miles an hour ~
    This is yummy~I make this recipe to! Yum!
    You have a wonderful day!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites!!! I have a friend that uses sugar cookie dough but I'm with you...like the crescent dough better!!! I am loving this recipe blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! Looks so good, Lois! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete