Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Faux Crab Cakes...


This recipe is from my sister Liz.  

INGREDIENTS:

4 cans solid white tuna in water
1 cup bread crumb or more you don't want your mixture too wet, so add more if too wet you want it dry enough to form patties
2 eggs
2 tsp mustard
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powered
1 tbs lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:

  • Combine everything in a bowl. 
  • In a frying pan heat about 3 tbs oil, form the mixture into patties, I use an ice cream scooper, and fry for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. 
  • Drain on paper towels. 

For the honey mustard sauce: 
  • 1 cup mayo, 1 tbs honey, 2 tsp mustard and 2 tsp lemon juice.
  • Whisk together and serve on top of the crab cakes.
ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds good. I don't know if my husband would like it or not. ? Hmmm, well I can at least try. Thank you!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great...We love crab cakes, salmon cakes, tuna cakes...I really like cake cake too...but why go there?
    Instead of bread I sometimes use ritz cracker crumbs in my fish cakes...keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is a great idea for a blog!! I love new recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete