Today's recipe comes from Jacquelyn, one of my blogging friends.
Easy Coffee Cake
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. chopped nuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. sugar
- Beat all the cake ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine all the filling ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into an angel food or fluted pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray such as Pam.
- Sprinkle half of the filling on the batter.
- Pour the balance of the batter in, then the remaining filling on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Start in a cold oven.
- When cool, sprinkle cake with powdered sugar or drizzle frosting on top if desired.